- Snacks & hot drinks at the start, baguette at halfway
- Hot meal at the finish.
- Event pack on the day - timing chip, bib
- Full event support - marshals, support walkers
- Fully signed route, route map
- Zumba themed warm up at the start
- Manned Check points en route
- Event medics at rest stops
- Finish line celebrations & meal
- Finishers medal
- Free shuttle to Reigate train station at the end of the Challenge
- Welcomed in by your friends, family and supporters!
It's Your Challenge
... Your Way!
As an Individual or Team
..Walk, Jog, or Run it
28 SEPTEMBER 2019
Starting from Farnham Park we join the start of the North Downs Way, following the banks of the river Wey and giving views of the Hogs Back ridge. The route passes through the pretty village of Puttenham, and then re-joining the river Wey for a while, climbs to the beautiful St Martha’s Hill and St Martha’s Church, giving superb views to the south.
We join the Pilgrims Way for a short while as we descend into our halfway point in the village of Shere, before climbing back up onto the North Downs through Netley Park. Passing through woodland, we have excellent views of the South Downs in the distance and we pass the lovely St Barnabas Church at Ranmore Common before crossing through the famous Denbies Wine Estate. Crossing the river Mole, the route now climbs to the summit of the famous beauty spot of Box Hill with sweeping views. The path continues over Juniper Hill and Coley Hill before arriving at our finish above Reigate where celebration await!
This is a fully supported event - with everything you need to have push yourself, go further, achieve a 50km - and have a great time!
- Fully signed 50k route - Farnham to Reigate
- On route support team & full medical support
- Coffees, teas & snacks at start line
- Optional breakfast to purchase before you set off
- Mid-point refuel stops - in morning & afternoon
- FREE snacks, drinks, water
- Lunch stop - baguette picnic lunch
- Medal, glass of fizz as you cross the finish line
- Finisher's BBQ & Hog Roast
- Shuttles to Reigate station at finish
- Post event celebrations - into the night
- BBQ & Hog Roast post Challenge
- Beer tent & bar
- Stretching & warm down tent
- Optional overnight camping packages
- Camping facilities - showers & washrooms
- Supporters can also book food & join us
MAKING IT EASY FOR YOU...
- Starts - Farnham, close to train station
- Trains run into Farnham from London regularly, takes 1 hr
- Finish - Reigate, close to station
- FREE shuttles to nearest train station (Reigate)
- Trains run direct into London (50 min journey time)
- Last train 22:50
- Park (£5) & Ride (£10) service available (Finish to Start on rest on Sat morning)
- Ride shuttles to the start starting 6.00am
- Car is ready to be collected from finish line
- Free shuttles to Reigate station after Challenge
- Supporter parking available at finish
Join us to camp and make a weekend of it - we are putting on Saturday night entertainment with some music & a camp fire. We've put together camping options to suit you - whichever you go for there will be showers, free teas & coffee, a stretching warm up/down zone & a great atmosphere to revel with fellow challengers. To make it easy for you to join us on the Friday (from 6pm onwards), and/ or Saturday night also. With a host of other optional extras to make your weekend as easy and enjoyable as possible!
CAMPING OPTIONS at Reigate (the finish)
Friday night camping (pitch only) - £15.00
Friday night camping (tent + roll mat) - £35.00
Friday night camping (tent + roll mat) – for 2 people sharing £50.00
Saturday night camping (pitch only) - £15.00
Saturday night camping (tent + roll mat) - £35.00
Saturday night camping (tent + roll mat) – for 2 people sharing £50.00
Friday AND Saturday night camping (pitch only) - £25.00
Friday AND Saturday night camping (tent + roll mat) - £45.00
Friday AND Saturday night camping (tent + roll mat) for 2 people sharing £65.00
Please note - campsite opens at 6pm Friday.
Saturday Morning Breakfast (Farnham) - £7.50
Sunday Morning Breakfast (Reigate) - £7.50
Saturday morning shuttle to start (Farnham) - £10.00
Weekend parking at Reigate - £5.00
Saturday evening shuttle from finish back to start (Reigate to Farnham) - £10.00
BAGGAGE TRANSFER (start to finish)
BAGGAGE STORAGE (at Farnham finish)
This will be £5 and is payable in cash on the day of the Challenge. You do not need to pre-book.
North Downs 50 Partners
300 other Charities also involved