THE GREAT BRITISH
Walk, Jog, or Run
Anywhere - Anytime...
Share your journey along
our 'virtual' route online
From 50km up to 700km.
You choose Your challenge
Sign Up Now...
Take on our latest virtual challenge - anywhere - anytime. July will be a fantastic time to enjoy the great outdoors, with some sunshine, and to push to yourself further!
The Great British Ultra Challenge's 'virtual route' stretches from historic Winchester in the far South up to Edinburgh, and passes through well known towns and wonderful scenery as it heads north.
You choose Your challenge! Target how far you intend to travel along the 'virtual route' and stay motivated knowing where you've got to. A 100km target takes you to the edge of the glorious Cotswolds, or perhaps 200km up to Birmingham, maybe 300km to the heart of The Peak District, or even the full 714km if you've the legs and stamina to make it all the way to Auld Reekie!
Spread your 'virtual challenge' across July - share your journey & travels online with others - real, virtual, or imaginary - let's celebrate our wonderful country - and aim high in July!
• Qualifying period - all of July 2020
• It's 50 km up to 700+ km - you choose!
• Imagine you're on our 'Virtual Route'
• Walk, Jog, or Run it - anywhere!
• Post your story in our Facebook Group
• No rules - just community & honesty!
• Special Challenge Medal
• Commemorative GBUC 'Neck Buff'
• Printable Challenge Certificate
• Prizes for best 'social journey' posts
• The Challenge is open to anyone
• Sign up by 15 July at the latest
• £12.50 to join (inc medal, buff, p&p)
• Teams of 4 or more = £10 / person
• Optional fundraising. Let's help others!
Get your family & friends involved, sign up - get walking, jogging, or running - adhere to social distancing - and share your Great British Ultra Challenge journey with others. Fundraising to help some special causes as we all go along, would also be great!
We will donate £1 per 'Challenge' participant to our chosen charity for July - YOUNG MINDS - charity no. 1016968 (England & Wales). YoungMinds is the UK’s leading charity fighting for children and young people’s mental health. Turning real-life experiences into positive change, they are leading the fight for a future where all young minds are supported through life, whatever the challenges. If you want to, please join us and fundraise for them - OR for your own chosen charity - and let's see if we can aim high for others also. It's all voluntary - no targets - no pressure - but hopefully quite rewarding, and very worthwhile.
Prizes to be won...
There's 2 sets of July prizes to be won - each 'theme' as a nod to the real Ultra Challenge that would've been taking place. So perhaps visit the area - or dress up - imagine you're there - come up with ideas - post in the Facebook Group - and our panel will pick winners!
How you can join...
The Challenge is non-competitive - it's your challenge - and we don't ask for 'evidence'. However do let your fellow challengers know how you're getting on via our Facebook group. Choose your challenge (distance) - and you can join as an individual - or as a team.
* Please Note - Challenge medal (with 'distance' specific ribbon) & commemorative neck buff will only be sent to a UK address in August. You can't change your distance once selected on the registration form - so please choose carefully - and if you beat it - fine!
.. share your stories
Enjoy your Challenge
.. and see you soon!
Series Partner Charities