HELPING YOU PLAN YOUR CHALLENGE
Each Ultra Challenge® has optional 'Bookable Extras' - designed to make the planning of how to join, leave, and take on your challenge as easy as possible. Parking at key venues, shuttle bus transfer services, and camping packages - all need booking in advance, with 'Baggage Transfer' options available on-the-day at your start. Below is a guide to what we offer - but you should scroll down and click through to the event you're taking on as the options vary .
We normally offer camping options at:
MAIN START VENUE (0 km) – Friday night before your challenge (generally suits 100 km, 1st Half / 1st Quarter Challengers).
- Looped Routes – the start is also the finish, so Saturday night camping is bookable for ‘fast finishers’ (runners / joggers).
- Figure of 8 Routes – the start is ~50 km Half Way (for 2 Day 100 km) & Finish (for 1st Half) – so Saturday night camping is bookable.
HALF WAY VENUE (~50 km) – Saturday night – primarily for the ‘2 Day Daylight 100 km’ option for overnight sleep / recovery – AND also works for ‘1st Half Finishers’ & for the early Sunday morning 2nd Half Starters.
ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGES OR ‘PITCH ONLY’ OPTION (inc Camper Vans) ARE AVAILABLE
For any additional campers reserve a spot on an already booked Pitch ONLY/Campervan option on our campsite. (Please ensure when booking for extra campers you have already purchased a Pitch ONLY/Campervan space).
Parking for your vehicle is normally available at :
- The Major Start / Finish Venues. This combined with the ‘before & after’ bus transfer options will enable you to join & leave the event ‘sensibly’.
- Supporter Parking Pass – so friends / family in a car can park at the ‘key’ venues along the route (often 0, 25, 50, 75, 100 km venues – but NOT always all)
We lay on bookable shuttle busses to help with your logistics – and these vary depending on the event – and may include:
- Transfer to the main start venue from the local station / ferry.
- Transfer from a finish venue (100, 50, 0r 25 km) back to the start so your car is with you ‘after’ you have finished your challenge (ie – You would park your car at your finish)
- Transfers from a main start venue (ie 0 km or 50 km of the 100 km challenge) to the start of a ‘Quarter’ Challenge option
After your challenge there are usually:
- Bus transfers from the finish line to the key local station
- Transfers back to your start venue (where you may have initially parked your car)
Friday Night Dinner – available to book for anyone camping/staying on the Firday night before your challenge.
Saturday Morning Breakfast – available for participants to buy before beginning their challenge on Saturday morning. Breakfast the following morning is included in a camping package.
Sunday Morning Breakfast – available for participants to buy before beginning their challenge on Sunday morning. Breakfast the following morning is included in a camping package.
NO NEED TO PRE BOOK – AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE DAY AT YOUR START (Pay cash or Card)
- Have an overnight type bag transferred from your start to your finish (available on all distance options)
- 100 km Challengers – have your bag (or camping gear) transferred to the ~50 km Half Way and then on to the finish (100 km)
HIRE A 'GEO TRACKER'
Family & friends can follow you every step of the way!
If you’d like family & friends to track your real time progress on your Ultra Challenge, then why not book a new Geo Tracker! Pick it up at the start of the event – share the map with them – and then they’ll be able to see exactly where you are – day & night !
Bookings Now Live
CHECK YOUR CHALLENGE
The format of the Ultra Challenges varies (eg. ‘A to B’ linear route, an ‘A to A’ looped route, or an ‘A to A to A’ figure of eight route), as does the style of some key venues, and proximity to robust public transport services. Please visit the ‘Bookable Extras’ page for your event for the full information of what’s available – and details of how to book (click a logo below)